ESPN’s FPI (football power index) gives each game a percentage chance of both teams and who they believe will win from statistics. So I will go game by game and give what ESPN believes what WKU chances are to win.
- Week 1 vs Central Arkansas 89.7%
- Week 2 at FIU 27.9%
- Week 3 vs Louisville 33.2%
- Week 4 vs UAB 65.3%
- Week 5 at ODU 79.2%
- Week 6 vs Army 42.6%
- Week 7 vs Charlotte 79.2%
- Week 8 at Marshall 27.2%
- Week 9 vs FAU 54.2%
- Week 10 at Arkansas 22.4%
- Week 11 Southern Mississippi 34.0%
- Week 12 vs Middle Tennessee 63.4%
If the games went as the ESPN FPI says we would see a 6-6 record, with this record we would find the team in a bowl game. This would be a great advancement from where WKU Football was a season ago. These percentages change before each game and during each game to give a better idea of who sound win based on statistics.